In-person Lessons & Training:
For clients in the greater Nevada County, CA (or Northern California) area who would like to work with Ezra in-person on a regular basis, he offers training for all skill levels and disciplines. Ezra always focuses on the success of both horse and rider, and on helping his clients gain a clear understanding of how their own mindset and beliefs play a key part in the relationship with their horse.
- Horsemanship Lessons (at your location)
- Establishing Confidence in You and Your Horse
- Creating a “Thinking Horse”
- Teaching You How to Solve Problems
- Issues & Difficult Cases
- Trailer Loading
- Developing a Strong Foundation for Your Specific Discipline
- Short & Long-term Involvement
Fundamentals that Ezra brings to all his lessons include:
- Leadership: Understanding your role as a leader in the relationship with your horse is critical for creating a safe and willing partner in them.
- Communication: Learning to communicate in a way that the horse understands and trusts is vital to the relationship you build with your horse.
- Responsibility: Clearly defining for both yourself and your horse what your respective roles and responsibilities are within the relationship is key to developing the partnership that you seek.
- Relaxation: The ability for both you and your horse to relax while working together is critical to learning because it means that your horse trusts you to be in charge, to make decisions about their welfare, and no longer has to be in a state of stress or worry.
- Balance: Both you and your horse must be balanced physically AND emotionally in order to achieve your long-term goals.
- Connection: A truly great rider and horse person wants to create a true connection with their horse, a partnership where there is a willingness and equanimity established.
- Empathy: You must be able to truly understand how our horse thinks and feels before we can create a strong and lasting connection with them.
For more information, or to schedule a session, please Contact Us.